Oregon State Police Salem Headquarters
Cobalt’s latest project is a three-building campus that now houses the consolidated headquarters for the Oregon State Police in Salem.
Highlights of the facility include:
- Total SF 120,890
- 82,000 SF office building
- 30,000 SF Fleet services and IT support building
- 8000 SF Tactical Equipment storage warehouse
- 11 acre campus
- Parking for over 400 campus employees
- Sustainable features
- Comprehensive security provisions
- Designed for a 50-year life cycle
Benefits of Partnership with Cobalt on this project:
- The unique business structure of Cobalt lends itself to that of an Integrated Project Delivery system (IPD). In this model, builders, developers, architects and subcontractors come together to design a facility with the client’s best interests in mind in terms of structure and cost. In essence it is a Design/Build/Construct/ Leaseback model.
- This customer-focused construction process is unlike the traditional delivery model of design-bid-build that often results in cost overruns, schedule delays and unmet program expectations.
- This Integrated Project Delivery method starts with tenant objectives (program, budget, schedule) and expertly manages the design process to produce a quality product within budget and on schedule, while preserving and enhancing stakeholder relationships.
- The Cobalt team was able to deliver the project ahead of schedule and on budget, while working with the client to understand and address their unique program requirements.
- Cobalt has been respectful of OSP goals for this facility and has provided an opportunity for the State to enter into a stable long term financial arrangement. Particular advantages: potential for growth, sustainable features, healthier work environment, partnership with Energy Trust of Oregon, reduced operational costs, opportunity for intra-agency collaboration and alignment, and extended life span of the facility over the next 50 years.
For more information on how to work with Cobalt, please contact us today.
“Working with Bart Dickson and his team at Cobalt Development was a tremendous experience; Bart was always informed and had quality answers readily available. Bart’s industry knowledge and expertise showed in every stage of construction and construction meetings were always enjoyable. Bart and Cobalt Development showed the ability to not only work with general contractor but also to work on the difficult legalities of leases and tenant expectations. We could not have been happier with the results.”